Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kids

June 24, 2009
My matter-of-fact daughter Brylin came in and stated "Mom, can you sell Jade and get me a new sister?" I chuckled and said No, and she responded, again very seriously, "Why? Cause you growed her out of your tummy and no one else would want her?" Yep baby, that's why.

June 29, 2009
Brylin, while trying to learn to spell has started to speak in sounds. Cat is c-a-t with the sounds of letters rather than the names of the letters. She's standing here spelling words like d-a-d, h-a-t with their sounds. She spelled d-i-d-i-t and I said Did It? And she spelled it again. I didn't get it and she said the word, which sounded to me like Did It. I frustrated her and she said it slower and the word she was trying to spell was JESUS .. d-e-e-t-u-t. Her R's are still funny and her S's are still T's.

July 1, 2009
After getting out of the bath this morning, Brylin decided that streaking was the best way to dry off. I was finishing a movie I was too exhausted to finish last night. She came in and stood right in front of the tv in all her nakedness. I said "Brylin, get your naked butt out from in front of the tv and get some panties on." She kept her feet planted but turned her head just enough that I could see her eyes, stuck her bum out at me, reached around and spanked herself and said "Kiss my booty!" and then proceeded to shake said booty and laugh until she had tears in her eyes.

After her nakedness was clothed she wanted to play on the computer. The computer was acting up, so I had to come over and help her figure it out. She looked up from my chair and said "You're my favoritest Mom ever." I smiled and kissed her on her forehead and said "You're my favoritest Brylin ever." She look at me and said "You mean, daughter. I'm your favoritest DAUGHTER ever." Nice clarification there Munkey Face.

July 2, 2009
This morning while on the way to school Jade said "Mom, have I ever explained to you the way that it feels to retrieve information I rarely use from my brain?" I wasn't sure which to gawk at, her saying retrieve or the statement "information I rarely use" ... obviously being less eloquant then she, I just said "No?" She proceeded to explain: "When I need to retrieve information, it feels like I have little bugs in my brain that crawl around and stir my brain until they find the informaton they need. Then the little bugs feed the information to the part of my brain that I use and then they go rest." "Why bugs?" "I don't know mom, I don't know how the brain works."

July 7, 2009
Today Brylin showed me what appeared to be a mosquito bite. When I said "Oh, it's a mosquito bite" she said "No it's not, it's a mean lady bug bite. The mean lady bugs are black.

While Kydrun was trying to explain something to Jade she just didn't get it. He tried several times to get her to understand and finally he just sighed with his whole body, shook his head and said "You're hopeless Jade".

No comments: