Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Family

I lit a bomb and it blew up in my face. In an attempt to actually keep the peace in my family, I texted my nearly 22 year old nephew to express my concern over facebook posts his girlfriend and his mother were making about what I 'perceived' was his Stepmother (who is married to my brother). I do not like his mother. I have not liked that woman in 15 years. When Kristophor called me our tempers got the best of us and I said some things about his mother I should never have said, EVER, because it served only to hurt him which was never my intention. I only brought it up to him because I thought what was going on between his girlfriend and mother was inappropriate. His mother has no rights to badmouth his Stepmother when SHE'S the one who raised him. His mother has been down in Florida for 15 years doing as little as is possible for Kristophor all this time. I just felt that as the adult who is "responsible" for these two women, it was Kristophor's job to put an end to the offensive behavior. Instead, he went to his mother and told her everything I had said, and then some I'm sure, went to his dad and told him that he's sick of this two-faced family. His mother then turned on Jean (my sis-in-law) and sent her a ton of texts threatening her that she's better watch what she says and to pass along a message to me that she is going to kick my living ass when she gets to Utah. Jean and Robert weren't even involved in this, much less Tami and Jodi (his mother and girlfriend). This was between Kristophor and me. Now, Kristophor and Jodi will not speak to me and Kristophor's brother (same mothers different fathers) who has been my nephew for all intents and purposes hates me now too. I'm done with all of it. Why did it happen? I don't understand what happened? Originally I was going to say something to Jodi and Tami but I knew that would blow up in my face so I went to Kristophor ... and it STILL blew up in my face. Everytime I try to defend my sister in law to Kristophor this happens. I'm finished. I'm sad :(

No comments: