Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Lifeblood

This morning I woke up at 5:15 when Will sent a text to me. Apparently my other blog was being distributed via email to EVERYONE in my address book. I knew a few people knew about my blog, but I wasn't aware that it was going to EVERYBODY, which included my daughter school teacher, my boss, a couple of my in-laws and of course, HER. She called Will about it, and he in turn called me. Thus is the reason that I have changed my blog. Fortunately for me, and for Will, we were able to get through it as grown-ups, which is monumental if you ask me. Having a history of being immature, I thought we handled it well. I went a little over board by deleting everything, but I didn't know how it was being distributed and I didn't want it going to her so this is better for me. Plus it looks cool. :) So Will and I are still okay. There was a noticeable difference when he stopped by earlier but we established what that was and were able to get over it. One thing I fear is losing his friendship and the closeness that we have. He's been my best friend all these years and I don't want to lose that.

ANYWAY ... moving on. Last night while Janice was here visiting we talked about losing weight, going to the gym, taking diet pills and several other things. She is a very confident girl and very sure of herself, I wish I had that in myself. I'm thankful for her. She gave me a to-do list to get started on my road to weight loss and personal Independence. The first thing is to walk for 20 minutes on an empty stomach. Take some vitamins that I bought like a year ago that I never took. Do 25 squats (yea right). Drink 4 8 oz glasses of water and only eat when I'm actually hungry. I gave her a to-do list of reading 5 scriptures from the BoM a day since she's quite anti-religion. It'd be a learning experience for both of us. So this morning I had my alarm set to wake me up at 5:40am so the text Will sent was a good thing, it got me moving earlier. I went out and walked around the outside perimeter of my apartment complex and it took me 17 minutes. I came home, took my vitamins and made the kids breakfast. I was actually hungry, which is a switch for me, so I ate a half of an orange and a quarter cup of milk (that's all we had left!). I had the kids up, fed and dressed before 7:30! I was doing AWESOME. I've had about 60oz. of water today and despite a couple of bumps off the wagon I haven't had much Dr. Pepper since the first of the year. I haven't done the squats. They're intimidating and they hurt!

The biggest difference I noticed is the fact that today was peaceful again, despite the upset about my blog, the verbiage and content. How blind I've been to a lesson that I learned as a missionary: READ YOUR SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY. I KNEW it as a missionary, so how did I forget?? Reading my scriptures last night is what made the difference in my day today. In fact, I'm heading to bed in about 5 minutes and am going to read some more so I am prepared for tomorrow!!! Exercising is good, vitamins are good, rest is great (dr. pepper is AWESOME!) But the Scriptures are my lifeblood.

I want this to be my new look, think I can pull it off or am I smoking another pipe dream? I do a lot of that these days.
On another note about my Jade. Today she came to me and said "Mom, I'm stressed" I asked her why and she said, "Because Daddy isn't here." I asked her why this made her stressed and her reply?! "It is because it's easier to do homework with Dad because he's like me, ya know, kinda smart. It's hard to do homework with you because you're not much help. Well, I mean not that you don't help but you're not that smart. It's hard to do homework with a not smart mom." Even as I write this I'm cracking up. She makes me laugh.

No comments: