Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reinvention

Since it's a new year, it's time for new resolutions. Given that I'm in a whole new world now that I am totally unfamiliar with, hopefully this time these resolutions with stick.

1. To give up the Dr. Pepper, for good
2. To lose 50lbs
3. To get my temple recommend
4. To find out who I am and what I am worth
5. To be genuinely happy and content with my life
6. To be there for Will if he decides to walk the long road back, to hold his hand and give what strength I have
7. To be a good, focused Mom

The first two are my standard beginning of the year resolutions, but I really hope to accomplish them this year. The others, not really resolutions but ways of thinking I guess.

Jade celebrated her New Years by staying up all night. This should be fun, she gets HORRIBLY cranky when she's tired. I went to bed early but didn't go to sleep until 1. Brylin and Kydrun stayed up until 1 or 2. It was non-eventful and nice.

I'm going to reinvent myself. I got a perm a couple of months ago that I've started to regret. I want my long straight hair back. I think once this wears out a bit I'm going to color it. Wondering about going red again, or maybe blond. I haven't decided. I'm SERIOUSLY considering going in for a Mommy Make-over. I've got to get rid of this flabby tummy I've got. The butt I just have to work on, but the tummy I don't think I could get rid of. I also want to get a new wardrobe. I'm tired of being the frumpy mom. I've spent so much time focusing on everyone else that I have completely forgotten to take care of me. It's going to take some work to learn how to put me on the priority list.

No comments: