Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Firepole!

Will and I went over to Ron & Rolaynes again today to finish the side of the house. Got a lot done, I'm proud of us :) They paid us, which we weren't expecting and she paid me $220. WOW! I decided that I was going to use a bit of that money and buy myself a Wii Fit because I'd NEVER get one otherwise :) The rest of it went to pay my stupid tickets.

Went up to Emigration Canyon with my mom and the kids tonight. We went to a family friend, Eddie's firehouse. He's a firefighter paramedic and mom had to take something up there to him so we took the kids to give them a tour. Eddie showed the kids EVERYTHING. He let them play with a small firehose w/ a nozzel on it, showed them the weight room, all of the bits and places of the fire truck. He took us up to the living quarters where they were all (all 3 of them including Eddie) in the process of eating dinner. They showed us the firepole and asked for the first volunteer to go down. I was SO SURPRISED when NONE of my kids wanted to be the one to go down. Finally out of exasperation, Brylin said "I'll just do it!" and went down!! That of course showed the older two that if the baby can do it, they can do it to. THEN, after the three of them had done it the firemen said "Alright Mom, get on!" ODDLY, I didn't even hesitate! Normally, I'd of politely said Hell No but I don't do that anymore! I said "Alrighty then!" climbed on and went down and it was awful! HAHAHA!! I have no strength in my arms or hands, so I pretty much just flew down that pole and hit the floor with all of my weight. Thought I might have broken an ankle, or two!! But it was all good! They cheered me on, Eddie patted me on the back and I was so proud of myself I couldn't stand it!! After they each took a couple of turns down the pole, Eddie took us for a drive up the canyon in the fire truck!! We got to wear the Earphones that they use to hear over the truck and talk to each other, we could hear the radio announcing fires all over the valley. The kids thought they were the coolest things EVER! When we were getting ready to leave Eddie gave them each a hat, a book mark and a pencil and they were SURE they were the coolest things ever at that point! :) It was so fun!! I am so thankful that my "Oh no, not me" attitude is all gone. I'm all for doing new things and getting my life started!

No comments: