Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Beginning

So here it is, Monday morning! The beginning of MY life.

Last night Kydrun, Brylin and I rode our bikes down to Ream's to buy some milk and then back home. We rested while we were at Ream's, I ate an apple and the kids had ice cream cones. My butt hurts today from the bike seat so I am going to have to get a new seat.

The Dr.P is officially out of my life. This will be a journey in and of itself because of the physical and mental withdrawals I will have.

For now, I've decided to take small steps. Forcing myself to eat 3 meals is going to be difficult. I am not accustomed to eating regularly. I've decided rather than to throw myself into the throws of "diet food" I'm going to go for "healthy" and start small. For breakfast this morning I had 1 1/2c of 1% milk, 2 scrabbled eggs and a piece of toast with a bit of butter and jam. Not super low calorie, but normally I wouldn't have eaten until dinner if then.

Today's plan? Go for a walk. I was *going* to ride my bike to my therapist appt today at 3 but my butt hurts so bad right now I can barely sit let alone ride my bike again! I thought about just walking there with the kids, but that's a pretty long walk. I think we'll stick closer to home, maybe walk a mile or so down the road and give carrots to the horses on the way.

Requote from a former blog posting:
On this day, God wants you to know... that 'decision' is only wishful thinking until you take that first irreversible step. You can tell yourself that you have already decided, that nothing now can stop you, but if that step backwards is so much safer than that step forwards, what will hold you true to your path when the going gets tough? Sometimes, the right thing to do is to take that first irreversible step, the one after which you cannot go back. And now, for you, is one of those times.

No comments: