Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Goals

Michael A. July 19 at 12:16pm

Kim, its just a thought but it may help. You said your weight loss goals. If I told you what ever your goals are you will achieve. So the only way for you to achieve the goal of weight loss is to lose the weight, gain it back and lose it again, since your goal is to "lose weight".

Have you ever noticed there are people like me who say I live debt free, but there are many others who have the goal of paying off their debt, but they never become debt free.

Its a simple mind shift, what I am saying may be worth looking into. The goal of weighing 160 lbs or the goal of losing 100 lbs, one will get you and keep you where you want to be, the other will get you there over and over again. I have been setting and achieving goals for quite a few years, and what I have noticed is that some of my goal setting has trapped me, some has helped me become the man I am today.

If I am over stepping on anything let me know, I don't want to interfere with the fire you have. I just wanted to express some love and encouragement, you are fighting the same fight I am, and I want you to succeed. I know you don't know me well, but I am in a good place, I am not talking about Africa, but I am more in lined with the reason god put me on earth today than I was yesterday. .


Kimberly Kerns Safford July 19 at 12:43pm

Wait wait ... So I want to express my goal as "Weigh 160lbs" RATHER than LOSE 100lbs? Right? Just want to make sure I get it, I'm a little slow in the head today.


Michael A. July 19 at 12:57pm

Yes. Set a goal you can live with.

If you can live with losing weight for the rest of your life, set to lose 100 lbs, but just remember, you will gain it back and lose it again. A good example is our moms, they have weight loss goals, but you notice they gain the weight back and then go lose it again. They achieve their goal, they are successful, they lose the weight over and over again, succeeding over and over again.

If you have ever set the goal in your life to lose a few lbs and you gain it back, remember, you succeed in your goal, you were not a failure, when you gained the weight back you may have felt like a failure, but it was just the natural out come of a goal without a limit.

I can give examples of my success and failures at this, but its just a mind shift.


Kimberly Kerns Safford July 19 at 1:17pm

So help me to rephrase my goal. I want to be an 8/10 dress size, whether that means I weigh 140 or 180 I don't really mind the number on the scale, I just want the dress size.


Michael A July 19 at 1:57pm

I like that goal, its solid and you can live with it.

No comments: