Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Progress!

Had my very first weigh-in at Weight Watchers! According to my initial weigh-in last Tuesday I was 240.2, tonight, I was 238.2!! BOOYA BABY! That's -2lbs and I am 100% successful!! *doing a jig in my chair* "go me, oh yeah, go me!"

I have to be honest about the weigh-in though. I was seriously crestfallen when she told me it was 2lbs. What SHE said was "Great job! You're down 2lbs this week!" What I heard in my head and said to myself was "Great, ONLY 2lbs this week!" WOW, what a monumental difference there is in those two sentences!! BUT, I decided to go right back to my JUST GIVE ME A YEAR! mantra and Damn Right Baby, I'm SUCCESSFUL!

Weight Watchers has been very, very difficult for me mentally. The way that it works is that I am allotted a certain number of "points" each day. Here's how you determine your points target:

1. What do you weigh?
Enter the first two digits of your weight in pounds. For example, if you weigh 175 enter 17.
2. Are you:
Female, enter 2
Male, enter 8

3. How old are you?
17-26....4
27-37....3
38-47....2
48-58....1
Over 58..0

4. How tall are you?
Under 5'1"......0
5'1" to 5'10"...1
Over 5'10"......2

5. How do you spend most of your working day:
Sitting down (office worker)......................0
Occasionally sitting but mostly standing (Mom)....2
Walking (postal worker)...........................4
Doing physically hard work(construction)..........6

Nursing mom's only
Are you solely breastfeeding...10
Supplementing w/bottles........5

Okay, so for me, this is what it looked like:
1. 24
2. 2
3. 3
4. 1
5. 2
Which adds up to 32 pts.

Here's where the challenge came in for me ... I do not eat 32pts worth of food. For instance, because I did so ridiculously bad last week, when I made my executive decision to eat cake for breakfast and lunch, I didn't even bother. The next day I was fasting because of my endoscopy, so I didn't track then either and I have no idea why I didn't do it on Friday, probably because I didn't eat at all that day. However, when I did track: Sat 7/24 I had 19pts, Sunday only 10.5, last night I did much better because I fixed a great dinner of grilled chicken AND I ate 4 banana's throughout the day without realizing that banana's are high pts I had 31.5, 9.5 of those were JUST the banana's so if I'd of not eaten them even with my good dinner, I'd still of only had just over 20pts. Most people are doing weight watchers because they're eating themselves to death. I'm doing it because I'm starving myself to death (but I weigh 240lbs ... weird). So now I'm forcing myself to eat 3 meals a day and a snack if I think I need it. It has been difficult for me to wrap my head around because I weigh 240lbs and I hardly eat ... what's going to happen now that I am "stuffing my face 3 times a day" ... I'm going to get HUGE. That's a mental road block I'm really struggling with. BUT, when I brought it up in the meeting tonight, the teacher in the class, who is a beautiful, thin, tall blonde said "When I came in here, I had over 100lbs to lose (and she showed pictures to prove it, I was shocked) and the ONLY thing I had to work with was FAITH. I had to have faith that it would work." Well, I can do Faith. So I eat! Just 3 meals a day gets me through and now that the medication is starting to kick in for my stomach, it's getting MUCH easier to eat too :)

Exercise has not been coming very easily but it's getting there. I walked to the hospital last night, but hadn't really done anything since. Today I went with Will over to Ron & Rolaynes to move a HUGE pile of firewood from the side of their house. I'd grab the wood, toss it to Will who would load it into the wheelbarrow. Once the wheelbarrow was full we'd go to the dog pen where we were putting it and I'd toss it out of the wheelbarrow to him. We did that in the heat for about 3.5-4hrs!! My arms are tired but really, my back is in agony. We're going back tomorrow to do some more! :)

No comments: