Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Diving

So today I fell off the wagon ... well I took a running tip-toe-through-the-tulips leap off the wagon. 

It was an  intentional jump.  I had been considering it since yesterday; I considered my options, my reasoning, the possible outcomes; the pro's and con's.  I seriously gave this a lot of thought & made an informed choice.  The difference this time on my dive is that I feel like I can swim.  I feel positive, I feel committed.  All throughout my life I have been unable/unwilling to make a change on any day but a Monday. I truly had a hang up that prevented me from letting go and allowing myself to start over on a Wednesday or Friday ... it always had to be on Monday.  So if I gave up Dr. Pepper on Monday, screwed up on Thursday, it was hopeless and there was no use trying at all until Monday again. Monday'd roll around and I'd recommit.  It was the same with big, major life changes.  Those I could only do at the beginning of the year.  I've been considering this lifestyle change of mine (I don't want to call it a diet, because I don't really think that's what this is, I'm not on any plan ... I'm just trying to eat right) for a couple of months, been thinking on it, planning it, sort of mentally preparing for it ... but I just couldn't start, not until the first of the year.  But somehow this time is different.  I didn't start any of this on January 1st, I actually think I started on the 9th, which also wasn't a Monday ... it was a Wednesday.  Also, I feel like I took my proverbial (and slightly literal) leap into the delicious land of super-highly-fattening carbs and even though tomorrow is Thursday I'm fully prepared to set all of the crap aside & move on to bigger and better things.  It feels different, it feels good to be committed to a change in lifestyle.  I feel better about me.  So for today:

No comments: