Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Temptation

Couple of different things happened today:

I was browsing my "Recipes" folder on Pintrest in hopes of finding something to feed the kids tomorrow night that I might also be able to enjoy.  I found a huge, huge amount of sugary recipes that looked mouthwateringly delicious.  I scrolled slowly through them going "Ohhh, that looks so good" "Oh I want that!" even though I wasn't feeling hungry.  It was all just so yummy looking!  I decided Pintrest is not my diet friend.  In Pintrests defense however I did find several recipes I pinned that were for healthy breakfasts like pancakes made out of banana's, eggs & almond milk, or butter, I can't remember.  It'll be nice to have those when I get sick of the egg whites.  I am slightly tempted to delete all of the unhealthy recipes but I am not sure I could bring myself to do it.

Something else I did today was buy a Dr. Pepper.  I was out shopping for snow clothes for my teenagers and oh my heck they were stressing me out!!  While we were checking out I went to one of those coolers by the cashiers, grabbed a DP and bought it against my Sweethearts encouragement that I didn't really want it.  YES I DID! GRRRRRRR!!!  By the time we got to the van I had settled down slightly & decided that I was not going to drink it unless I was close to homicide.  Despite having to go to 3 more stores to find the snow clothes & the kids driving me crazy, I never opened it.  I brought it in the house and set it on the counter.  I didn't put it in the fridge because then it would be cold when I had a craving or a temper tantrum ... This way I won't be tempted to drink that particular one unless it's cold, which will give me time to figure something else out. 














I found this little ecard on Pintrest in my Exercise/Motivation board.  Sure wish I could actually feel this way.  All I can think is "I WANT TO BE SKINNY!!!"  I want to buy cute clothes, I want to be able to wear a pair of super cute boots, which I currently can't because my calves are so gigantic.  I want to not have a double chin that my dog LOVES to nip at.  I want to be thinner than my husband.

I wish I could feel like I am awesome despite the size of my waist or butt.

I *DO* have a strong and capable body and a loving and passionate soul.  I believe all of these things, but even as I look at this picture of this beautiful woman I think to myself "I wish I looked that good".

I am going to be brave tonight.  I am going to go to the store & buy a measuring tape, have my Sweetheart take my measurements and take "before" pictures.  I may not post them, but I might.  I am not sure I could handle actually posting them.  I appreciate & look up to women who can/do.  I just am not sure I am that brave.  I am so self conscious all of the time and putting all of me out there would be so difficult.  So I'll give it some thought, some time.

No comments: