Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Frustration

This is not a weight related post. This just a "I need an outlet" post.

A couple of weeks ago our oldest daughter (she's 15) lost her phone privileges & we took her cell phone.  We found on her phone conversations with her mother (she's my step daughter) where her mother was participating in what the therapists call "Parental Poisoning".  What this consisted of were message upon message where she called my husband a liar, said that we are bad people, went so far as to say "Tell them Kim is not a member of the family either, she's just a crazy abusive bitch" and so on and so forth.  She tried to set up a time when she could "accidentally" run into our daughter at the mall outside of the court ordered supervision she is required to have.  She said "I'll break every law in the world for you baby girl" to which our daughter had to be the adult & said "No, don't break the law".  For anyone who has read the conversations my Sweetheart's ex sounds like an angry sibling to our daughter, not her mother.  We submitted the conversations to the Special Master (A Special Master, in law, is an authority appointed by a judge to make sure that judicial orders are actually followed. In our case, the divorce decree) who found them as starkly disturbing as we did & suspended all of the ex's visitation until she completes a certain set of requirements.  She has lost all of her ability to see/talk to/communicate with the kids at all. 

Today DCFS (Department of Child and Family Services) called my husband with a list of accusations such as: We discipline the kids by shooting them with a bb gun, we make them go a week without eating as a form of discipline, we only feed them peanut butter & jelly, my husband has put our 13 year old son in a head lock, that one of our daughters was sexually abused & nothing was done about it, that we make them do chores ... I am so stressed, so frustrated.  I know this is her lashing out, I know it's just her way of saying "If I can't see the kids, I'm going to do what I can to make it so you can't either" ... But I do not understand how she feels THIS is in the kids best interests?!  How can she feel that having them yanked out of class to go be asked all of these intimidating questions by DCFS, not knowing if they're going to say the wrong thing, is good for the kids?  I get that she's angry, or whatever ... But all she is doing is hurting the kids!!  What if, God forbid, DCFS decides these ridiculous allegations are true ... they'll take the kids! But they won't go to their mother, they'll go into STATE CUSTODY!! They'll all get separated, sent to different places & then we'll have to fight the state to get them back. We think that she believes she'll get them away from us, which she won't ... and it's scary to consider what could possibly happen to them!! 

I just wish she would pay attention, I wish she would realize that the choices SHE is making is what is creating all of this chaos in her children's lives!!  I wish she would grow up, stop acting like a teenager & take responsibility for her actions. 

I am just so frustrated. :(

No comments: