Life

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Onward & Downward

Well, we did it!  My Sweetheart, 2 of our sons and one of our daughters (not the one I thought it'd be though) exercised tonight for 15 minutes.  Turns out my Sweetheart and I are not just fat ... we're grossly out of shape and our kids ran circles around us.  Go fig.  I ended up doing a lot of marching in place with big arms to keep my heart rate up, but I'm proud of myself for even the smallest of efforts tonight because it's the first step for me and that's huge.  I told the kids "Tomorrow night?" and they all cheered.  So, I guess we exercise if for no other reason than to keep the kids happy! 

I weighed myself today.  It's the first time since the nutritionists office.  If my scale is correct, which it has been pretty accurate thus far, I have officially lost 12lbs to date.  I'm sure most if it is water weight since I've given up the soda (mostly), and changed my eating habits.  I'm looking forward to that number continuing to go down. 

To send out virtual kudo's to someone who probably doesn't read this (which is totally okay), my ex-wife (let me explain: She is actually my ex's new wife, so I call her my ex-wife... get it?) has lost in the last 10ish days 17lbs.  She's amazing, truly.  She used to be quite heavy & through nothing but her own will power (hahaha, Will power ...) she was able to lose hundreds of pounds.  She's fabulous & shapely just like a woman should be.  I admire her self-motivation (I certainly wish I had a teaspoon of it!).  

So onward & upward... or rather onward & downward we shall go!

No comments: